Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sigh

This is getting to be taxing. It's ok, and for right now I'm ok financially. At least in terms of paying the bills. But come April, my funding will run out, and I still have no good job prospects.

I've applied at In N Out, Starbucks, a tutoring place, and I'm teaching pole again (and bellydance!). But the dance classes are not enough to sustain my bills. Ugh...bills. So I need something else. Maybe next Tues I will go into a temp agency and see if they have anything available. The perfect job would be night time legal secretary, or something like that.

I've thought about going into stripping,and even went to one of the local strip clubs to check it out. But it still seems sleazy to me, and I'd rather not do it unless I absolutely have to. I heard private companies are the way to go though if I do it. Or Vegas, for pole work. We'll see.

In other news, I will be auditioning for RENT, which is coming back to Broadway, on March 30. Please wish me luck and give me lots of support! I'll need it so I don't chicken out. They want auditioners to sing a pop/rock song acapella. I know my voice is classical, so it's hard for me to work up the true confidence needed for these auditions.

I also have a callback for the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts next Sunday. So that's two trips I'll be taking.

I have faith the money will work itself out. I've been super lucky to get it when I need it, but it's anxiety provoking to live in the day to day like this and not have traditional security.

I feel like I need to get more creative with my skills. I'm super good at party and event planning and working out deals with businesses and stuff. I'm also super good at being romantic and loving people. I need to find a way to turn these into a business! Sometimes I think life coach or personal trainer, but I can't afford to spend more money on school and licenses and stuff.

I just need to think outside the box. I need help with that. There has to be a way to make something fit into my schedule that will also make money.

Sometimes I wish I had my own place because sometimes I just want to watch movies and lay on a bed and be by myself. But I have to keep reminding myself there are bigger and better things headed my way. Things that I am working towards.

Bigger and better....bigger and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment