Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Huh...

So, I had the recent revelation that I will be turning 29 at the end of this month. It’s slightly amazing to me what twists and turns and journeys this life has brought me. Ever seeking contentment, I find it fascinating that, when I was in my teens, I couldn’t wait to turn 30 because it seemed like that would be the age where I was settled and content and life would be “perfect”. (Not perfect, but less crazy or something. Do you know what I mean?)

Instead, I’m a year and a bit away from 30, and I’m living out of my car to pursue my passion. I’m single, for all intents and purposes, and I feel like I was more settled when I was a teenager. At the very least, I feel like I had a better grasp on life than I do now. It’s like all the maturity and wisdom I had when I was a teen decided to take a vacation. LOL

I’m not complaining at all because the journey has been wonderous and interesting and I’ve learned a lot. But it’s so weird that what I thought was a magical age is almost upon me, and it doesn’t seem like I’m near settled at all.

Do any of you feel that way? Or have you felt that way about your age or anything in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment