Monday, January 10, 2011

Adventures in My Car - Week 1

Well, I've arrived back in town, and I'm freaking out about my situation. I only have $50/month to spend on food and toiletries. I'm hoping to get food stamps, but the process causes me some anxiety, and I hate waiting for things. Fortunately, I have done this before and have good people in my life willing to help me with things and support me through this hard time.

I'm spending time at Starbucks. There was this guy who came up to me and asked if I could buy him some food. I was super stressed out, so I ended up giving him this super ugly and mean look and yelling at him. "Um...I'm homeless, so, no, I can't buy you anything to eat!"

He looked really surprised and became super apologetic and said, "I'd offer you a place to stay, but I live with my grandma." I wasn't sure what he said, so I asked him to repeat it, and then he said, "I'd offer to let you stay at my place." Oh...sorry ask for food guy.

I feel bad for yelling at him. It's not his fault I'm homeless, and he doesn't deserve to have me take my stress out on him.

From now on, I am determined to handle my situation with patience and grace and humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment